Eagle Village is looking for a Fourth Year Advanced Doctoral Practicum Student. This student will be working primarily with the Prevention and Intervention programs and the Trauma Assessment Team. He or she will administer and score cognitive and language assessments on Thursday trauma assessment days. This student will also occasionally assist with interpretation and write up behavioral and emotional functioning questionnaires.
The practicum student will be an invaluable part of the Eagle Village Trauma Assessment Team. This team includes a Social Worker, Professional Counselor, Nurse, and an Occupational Therapist. The practicum student will also participate in a weekly Interdisciplinary Team Meeting, a high-level case conceptualization where the team provides diagnoses and recommendations in five categories: physical/medical, emotional, family, educational, and social/leisure. There may be additional opportunities to provide consultation support to staff members regarding individual cases and assisting with professional development trainings provided to Eagle Village staff members.
We Need Adults Who
- Like kids and teenagers and believe they have value, even when they are struggling
- Are responsible, trustworthy, and patient
- Work well in high-stress situations
A bachelor’s degree is required for this position. A master’s degree in a psychology related field is preferred. The ideal applicant will likely be a fourth year student in a school or clinical psychology doctoral program. The ideal applicant will have experience in assessment administration, scoring, and interpretation. A Temporary Limited License Psychologist (TLLP) is preferred.
- Work that matters- be a part of a 50+ year old mission of helping kids and families grow stronger
- Employee Wellness Program and access to our on-site fitness center which includes a weight room, cardio equipment, and full gymnasium
- Ongoing training and opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A positive and appreciative culture
- Beautiful campus with lots of hiking trails
Apply now by visiting our Employment Portal where you can complete an online application and upload a cover letter and resume. Please note the Employment Portal is not mobile-friendly and a desktop is required to complete an application. If you do not have internet access and prefer to provide a paper application, please contact us at 231-832-2234 and ask to be transferred to Human Resources so that we can assist you.