Our Summer Staff work with a team to make our camps memorable, fun, safe, and growing experiences for the kids that come to Eagle Village. Our summer camps serve as early intervention, skill builders, and additional support for kids that would struggle in a traditional camp setting. We have all the fun of a regular camp like tackling the climbing wall or high ropes course, swimming, campfires, and hiking through the woods; but we also offer kids extra help working through their emotions, taking responsibility, and developing healthy relationships with others.
Summer Staff are responsible for constant supervision of campers, helping with activities, cheering kids on, hosting visitors, occasional supervision in the resident program, being an example of how to respect self and others, and maintaining the firm but loving discipline taught during training. Some Summer Staff positions require daily evaluation of how kids are doing emotionally and relationally.
Camp Counselors stay in cabins with their campers (ages 7-17), leading camp experiences on-site, as well as on multiple-overnight backpacking trips on the Manistee River and North Country Trail.
Available Summer Staff Positions Include:
- Camp Counselor
- Lead Camp Counselor
- Health Officer/Registration
- Camp Host
We frequently work with Summer Staff and their universities to achieve internship or field placement credit during the summer season. Interns come from a variety of programs including: Social Work, Criminal Justice, Education, Family Studies, Youth Ministry, Therapeutic Recreation, Psychology, Hotel/Hospitality Management, Non-profit and Business Management, Communications, etc.
While the focus is on serving summer campers, the diversity of programs offered at Eagle Village means that even if the camp schedule is limited by COVID, staff are guaranteed an opportunity to work and gain experience serving at-risk and dysregulated youth through camp or our residential program.
We Need Adults Who
- Like kids and teenagers and believe they have value, even when they are struggling
- Are responsible, trustworthy, and patient
- Work well in high-stress situations
We Require Adults To
- Have good moral character
- Be emotionally stable
- Have a high school diploma or GED. Some college is preferred.
Previous camp experience is highly beneficial, though not required. In-depth Eagle Village employee training in trauma informed care, crisis intervention, behavioral management, and verbal intervention is required upon employment.
- Work that matters- be a part of an over 50-year-old mission of helping kids and families grow stronger
- Access to our on-site fitness center which includes a weight room, cardio equipment, and full gymnasium
- All meals during working hours
- Extensive training on behavior management and certifications in First Aid, CPR, and Aquatic Observer
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A positive and appreciative culture
- Beautiful campus with lots of hiking trails
Apply now at our Employment Portal where you can complete an online application and upload a cover letter and resume. Please note the Employment Portal is not mobile-friendly and a desktop is required to complete an application. If you do not have internet access and prefer to provide a paper application, please contact us at 231-832-2234 and ask to be transferred to Human Resources so that we can assist you.