Family Therapists are responsible for evidence based therapeutic treatment through the principles of Family Systems Theory and case management for residential youth, their families, and referring agencies. They serve as an advocate for children and families to provide and facilitate the best possible care and treatment available. The Family Therapist collaborates closely with Experiential Therapists and the Residential Supervisor to promote the social, emotional, psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being of youth.
We Need Adults Who
- Like kids and teenagers and believe they have value, even when they are struggling
- Are responsible, trustworthy, and patient
- Work well in high-stress situations
We Require Adults To
- Have good moral character
- Be emotionally stable
- Be 21 or older
- Have a minimum qualification of a Limited License as a Social Worker, Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Professional Counselor with demonstrated progress in obtaining a full license
- Demonstrate knowledge, experience and skills in working with children and families who have experienced trauma
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Professional Counseling and one year of related experience preferred. In-depth Eagle Village employee training in trauma informed care, crisis intervention, behavioral management, and verbal intervention is required upon employment.
- We offer supervision for licensure
- Opportunities to be trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and other certifications
- Work that matters- be a part of a 50+ year old mission of helping kids and families grow stronger
- Life insurance and short term/long term disability
- Health insurance, including dental and optical
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401k retirement plan after one year
- Employee Wellness Program and access to our on-site fitness center which includes a weight room, cardio equipment, and full gymnasium
- Ongoing training and opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A positive and appreciative culture
- Beautiful campus with lots of hiking trails
Apply now by visiting our Employment Portal where you can complete an online application and upload a cover letter and resume. Please note the Employment Portal is not mobile-friendly and a desktop is required to complete an application. If you do not have internet access and prefer to provide a paper application, please contact us at 231-832-2234 and ask to be transferred to Human Resources so that we can assist you.